NTSA February Webinar - Modeling and Simulation: Expanding Our Profession
2/24/2021 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
Event Type : Webinar
Event Code : 1250
Moderated by Dr. David “Fuzzy” Wells, Interim Director, IST, School of Modeling, Simulation and Training at UCF, presenters of the February installment of NTSA’s monthly webinar series discussed how we define our career and its fields, our professional development, and the ways we institutionalize M&S. The conversation included education, certification, and recognition. Watch the webinar recording to understand this important triad.
Modeling and simulation (M&S) professionals of today have evolved from practitioners in disciplines that include education, training, engineering, human factors, and business development. Over the years, this profession has become increasingly mature, now offering M&S degrees, a range of associated conferences, and new areas of application. But what are the opportunities for M&S professionals today to obtain, retain, and expand their discipline and specialized competencies? As we span the M&S workforce of today, how do we define our career and its fields, our professional development, and the ways we institutionalize M&S? This conversation includes education, certification, and recognition. The NTSA February webinar will discuss all three: education, from community college to PhD; certification (the Certified Modeling and Simulation Professional); and recognition (e.g., the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)). Attend the webinar to understand this important triad—and to contribute to its realization!
- Dr. David “Fuzzy” Wells, Interim Director, IST, School of Modeling, Simulation and Training, University of Central Florida (Moderator)
- Lindsey Spalding, Director, STEM Programs, The National Center of Simulation
- Dr. Ivar Oswalt, Senior M&S Associate, The MIL Corporation
- Dr. Eric Weisel, Executive Director, Virginia Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation Center (VMASC), Old Dominion University
- March 31 – 5G, AI, and M,S & T
- April 28 – Healthcare, Patient Safety
- May 26 – Services Update (prior to TSIS 2021)
- June 30 – Cyber
- July 28 – AR/VR/ Mixed Reality – Where are we going?
- August 25 – Follow up from iFEST 2021
- September 29 – TBD
- October 27 – TBD
- November 17 – Prelude to I/ITSEC 2021
- December – No Webinar this month
Dates and topics are subject to change.